We just straight-up stole these from Discourse Blog. I mean, c’mon – they’re really good!
1. Don’t be a jerk. This is self-explanatory. Within the boundaries of this website, we’re a community, and we should treat each other as such. Banter is fine, disagreements are fine, but if things devolve into insults or harassment of any kind we’re going to step in and take appropriate measures to shut things down. We reserve the right to ban people if we see fit.
2. Absolutely no slurs of any kind. Again, this is self-explanatory. Discourse Blog does not tolerate racism, sexism, ableism, transphobia, bigotry, or discrimination of any other form. This is a zero-tolerance, one-and-done policy. You drop one of these, you’re out, and we won’t miss you.
3. No doxxing or posting of personal information. Once again, this is a one-and-done. Don’t do it.
4. No NSFW content. Look, we don’t know in what context we’d actually have to enforce this rule but we’re just going to put it out there all the same. Don’t post weird stuff on our website please, thank you.
5. We reserve the right to make up any more rules on the fly, because we’re all just figuring this out too.